Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override Certain Model Item Appearances While Showing Revit Materials for Others

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
will.callery
723 Views, 2 Replies

Override Certain Model Item Appearances While Showing Revit Materials for Others

I have a Revit 2017 file of a building that I've opened in Navisworks 2017 and I want to override the color of the MEP elements while keeping the appearance of the Revit materials on the architectural components.  If I am on Full Render mode then I get the Revit materials but cant override colors, if I go to Shaded then I can override the colors but I lose my Revit materials and most of the model components turn white.  Is there a way to show Revit materials and be able to override appearance?

Here's a side note that may be relevant: When I select a model component and look in Properties Window> Item> Material, I am finding that most of the time it says : "*Component Type - *System Type - <Material parse failed>".  For example, when I select a piece of duct in my model, and look towards Properties Window> Item> Material, I see: AHA - Duct - Supply Air - <Material parse failed>".

Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

My guess is that you would need to export from Revit in two NWC files.
Then append only the MEP parts and override the colours (or apply material) and save as NWD
then use a new NWF to bring this NWD back togethere with the NWC with materials.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too here.  Regarding the second thing I mentioned, does this message "<Material parse failed>" mean anything to you?  Could it indicate that something went wrong when I imported from Revit to Navisworks?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report