Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash Detection Disappeared and can't be used

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
harbirsi
1871 Views, 6 Replies

Clash Detection Disappeared and can't be used

I've been using Naviswork manage 2016 for a couple of years and I've been able to use the clash detection tool the whole time without any issues. Yesterday when I tried to use it, I realized that the icon is no longer there on the Tools panel. 

navis missing.JPG

I tried using the ctrl+f2 command to open it as well, but nothing happened (ctrl+f3 worked though). 

Anyone come across this issue? I need to be able to use clash detection going forward.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brettgatti
in reply to: harbirsi

Is it available from the View >> Windows pull-down?  If not, you might want to make sure that you are in Manage and not Simulate.

I have found that most times that I double click on a Navisworks file to open it (without having Manage open) - it opens in Simulate.

Message 3 of 7
harbirsi
in reply to: brettgatti

Definitely managenavis missing.JPG

Also, I don't think I even have simulate. I tried View-->Pull Down Window and didn't see Clash detection. The only place I can find it is under options, but there isn't anything I can do in that menu to help it show up.

clash.JPG

Message 4 of 7
brettgatti

Definitely odd.  Does the information available from this Knowledge Network Article help?

Message 5 of 7
harbirsi
in reply to: brettgatti

Tried the default workspace, but Clash Detection didn't appear in any of them.

Message 6 of 7
brettgatti

It sounds to me like Navisworks is running as Simulate instead of Manage - even though it is saying that it is Manage.  Have you tried a repair install and/or an uninstall/reinstall?

Message 7 of 7
halilozcakir

Bende aynı dertten muzdaribim.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report