Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animations in Timeliner affecting avi export.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
clintonmaulder
317 Views, 4 Replies

Animations in Timeliner affecting avi export.

Hi.

Has anyone had issues with exporting a Timeliner simulation with separate animations assigned to tasks.

I have a comprehensive timeliner simulation with a couple of animations in it (vehicle, crane swing etc.) and all is well when I run the animation in the timeliner tool but when it is exported to an .avi as soon as the selection sets associated with the separate animations appear, every element in my model shows up i.e. the timeliner simulation stops and the individual, say crane swing, animation takes over.

When I export the simulation, I have ‘Timeliner Simulation’ selected.

Thanks

CM.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi clintonmaulder,

Exporting to .avi in my experience is iffy at the best of times. I usually export to images and then string those together using windows movie maker. The process is straight forward and yields good results. See if the images export correctly and i can walk you through the rest of the process if needed. 

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: deusextechnic

This could also be some complex interaction between the appearance overrides in the animation vs. the appearance overrides in the Timeliner task.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5

@deusextechnic wrote:

Hi clintonmaulder,

Exporting to .avi in my experience is iffy at the best of times. I usually export to images and then string those together using windows movie maker. The process is straight forward and yields good results. See if the images export correctly and i can walk you through the rest of the process if needed. 

Hi, thanks for responding.

Unfortunately the individual images have the same issue.

I've tried various formats and codecs.

I'm hoping it's something to do with me and not a glitchy application. If it's me, I can learn, glitchy applications not much I can do.

thanks

CM

Message 5 of 5
clintonmaulder
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

This could also be some complex interaction between the appearance overrides in the animation vs. the appearance overrides in the Timeliner task.

Hi, thanks for responding,

possibly something to do with that, but it works fine when I run it in navisworks but not when I export.

It's like the exporter can't handle an embedded animation in the timeliner and the embedded one takes over.

regards

CM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report