Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Navisworks 2013 doesn't show one property while 2012 does?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jianchengzou
775 Views, 3 Replies

Why Navisworks 2013 doesn't show one property while 2012 does?

Hello,

I am not sure if the question should be posted on API forum or not but our team believe the issue does affect us working on a program to interact with Navisworks on ifc file exported from Tekla Structures.

In Navisworks 2012 when it opens the ifc file exported from Tekla Structures, there is a GLOBALID property field in IFC tab; however in Navisworks 2013 that field doesn't exist anymore. Our previous wriiten code relies on that field to transfer information betwwen Tekla Structures and Navisworks. I have attached a screenshot for the question. Can anyone help me on this, thanks!

Regards,

Jiancheng

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

firstly, I did not see the screenshot you mentioned. But if you cannot see this tab in product (UI), I would suggest you submit the case in the board:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/bd-p/372

It looks you have done so.

If you find any issue in using the API, please log the question in this board.

Message 3 of 4

Hi Xiaodong,

Oops. I did forget to attach the screenshot from my team colleague. If you have any idea for why the property(GLOBALID) is missing in Navisworks 2013, please keep me informed. Many thanks!

Regards,

Jiancheng

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I did not find such report in our database. But it looks a problem to me. Sorry.

Hopefully the guru on the product board could share a comment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report