Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I copy my plugins?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
|flyte|
486 Views, 2 Replies

Where do I copy my plugins?

If I have more than one Navisworks product installed, how do I know where to copy my plugins to be used by the Automation API?

I have 2011 Freedom, Manage and Simulate installed and they all contain entries in the "Navisworks API Runtime" registry key. I copied them into the Plugins folder for Manage, but the automation API couldn't find the plugins.

I copied them to Simulate's Plugins folder and it worked.

How do we know where to place them?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
|flyte|
in reply to: |flyte|

Does anyone have an idea on how to know where to copy the plugins if more than one Navisworks product is installed?

This is key in effectively using the API.

The documentation suggests that setting the RequestedRuntime property of the ApplicationControl class can direct the runtime to pick which product to use, and thus where to copy the plugins, however this property is not exposed outside of the Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Controls namespace.

Message 3 of 3
KempCE
in reply to: |flyte|

First off You can forget about running any plugin in Freedom.

If you are using 3rd party assemblies make sure they are in the correct location per Navisworks Product Install Documentation. [Manage\Simulate].

I have noticed odd behavior with the API when having Manage & Simulate on the same PC (The Last one installed wins....). Try removing Simulate & re-Install Manage to see if your plug-in works....

I think you should just use Manage for you Development if I remember correctly it has less features then Simulate and there for would be your bottleneck. (if it works on Manage it should work on Simulate). If you must test your code on both versions I would recommend using a Virtual PC with Simulate on it that way you would keep Manage & Simulate in there own Sandbox's..

Regards,

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report