Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View NWD files in Classic ASP or ASP.NET pages

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kfox
1278 Views, 1 Reply

View NWD files in Classic ASP or ASP.NET pages

We have customers who are reguarly using Navisworks for creating 3D models of buildings and then exporting it in the NWD file extension. We also have a product/web site that is coded and built around Classic ASP and ASP.NET coding, and it is hosted online for our customers to view. What we need is a way for our customers to view there NWD files inside our web pages.

What I am looking for is code that will allow us to drop it into our ASP/ASP.NET pages and when they click a link on the site, it will open the NWD file on the page - either as a new window option or on the page itself. I am not looking to have Navisworks Freedom open up as the default (I know how to make that work with just adding the direct link to the file). I need the code that will open it online much the same way that a video will show up in a web page, or a Flash file will work in a webpage.

So, if anyone knows how to do this in Classic ASP, ASP.NET, or even in HTML, I would greatly appreciate the assistance. I have the full version of Navisworks, so I can use any of the controls that are already in the product if that helps in finding a solution.

Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
saikat
in reply to: kfox

Hi:

Have you taken a look at the ACTX_01 sample which can be located from the Examples folder under the API folder in the NW product installation location. Typically you can find them at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2012\api\COM\examples

This sample contains an HTML page which shows how to embed an ActiveX control in a HTML page. This might be of help.

ANd just FYI on this, we also have couple of .NET samples too which use the .NET API of NW. Just inc ase you did not know.

hope this helps

Saikat

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report