Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeliner x Rules x Find Items

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mauricio_antonini
539 Views, 2 Replies

Timeliner x Rules x Find Items

Hello to all!

I am willing to write an API code to achieve a very simple and tedious task with Navisworks Timeliner but before I start to dig into it I wanted to check with the experts if that is even possible considering the API available today.

What I want:

I want to attach tasks to items. I know there is a feature for that. To be more specific I need to create rules to auto attach them. I also know that there is a feature for that. What I really need is to apply multiple rules at the same time just how FIND ITEMS works.

For example: attach the task TOWER 1 - LEVEL 5 - Wall Type ABC to elements which ITEM LAYER = LEVEL 1 AND ITEM FILE NAME contains TOWER 1 AND ITEM NAME contains Wall Type ABC

Today it is not possible (as far as I know) to do that natively. Would it be possible through API?

I've searched the forum for similar posts without success. I am sorry if I missed something.

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo Tavares

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

probably I do not understand correctly, but the TimeLinerTask.Selection could be a Search: TimeLinerTask.Selection.Search. 

So you should be able to setup a search (with searchcondition). 

Can this be helpful to you?

Message 3 of 3

Thank you, Xiaodong!

I will try that out soon.

Regards,

Eduardo Tavares

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report