Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags and Comments

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
569 Views, 2 Replies

Tags and Comments

Hello,

We use Navisworks like most people - as a method to convey what the final product could look like based off of their current designs and specification. It also eliminates many of the honest mistakes made during the design phase. During these reviews the client would like us to add comments that are attached to each machine to give a thorough description of what the machine does. Using Navisworks Manage this is easy enough using tags and comments. However if the client wants to continue to view the model at their own workplace (which they currently do using Navisworks Freedom) the tags and comments are no longer present.

Is there a way to convey information in a useful manner using Navisworks Freedom as a medium? I have been at this for a couple days and have not found anything that looks promising.

Is there any way to import a large amount of information using a flat file format (such as .txt) into Navisworks for this tagging and commenting process? The process we have now is very cumbersome and, quite frankly, a waste of time. All of this information is already populated and we are doing the input twice just so they can see it on the 3D model.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am not sure what you have added to the model. I added some custom properties, hyperlinks and quick properties (tag) in Manage. All are visible in Freedom (attached screenshots). API supports to add them, too.

Regards,

Xiaodong Liang

Developer Technical Services

Message 3 of 3

I know it is long time ago, but i face an issue now : how to add such comment programatically using api and attach comment to certain model item?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report