Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return the Revit family type name involved in a Clash

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
724 Views, 4 Replies

Return the Revit family type name involved in a Clash

Hi all, I am needing to write out the Revit family names of clash items as found by the Navis works Clash Detective. Ideally I need a solution to group all clashes by the clash item 1 (LHS) and return a string value of the family name of this item. I have so far managed to get all the properties of the clash itself except these names and the grouping action (i.e. the hard stuff!). I am coding in C# for Navisworks 2014. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance Robot wink

By Revit Family Type.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi again. I thought I'd let you know I have a 'good enough' solution to this one by using either the ClashResult.CompositeItem1.DisplayName or ClashResult.CompositeItem1.ClassDisplayName to pull out the Revit category name or family member name. A simple switch to check whether the item is a system item or not should determine which of these to use. I am then able to use code similar to the api-examples ClashDetective to group these.

Any further comments would still be appreciated so looking forward tp them all.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

No honestly, any comments at all would be appreciated.....

Message 4 of 5
atogawa

I am also looking for a similar solution where I can automatically group all clashes involving the item. Have you made any progress in this? 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: atogawa

atogawa, I have a fully working solution to this. It has been developed based on the ClashResult.CompositeItem1.DisplayName or ClashResult.CompositeItem1.ClassDisplayName as discussed in my subsequent posting.

Best of luck with this,

Chris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report