Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering - lightning issue

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
patryk.kotarski
139 Views, 1 Reply

Rendering - lightning issue

Hello,

I'm taking first steps in rendering and I ecountered some problem which I don't know how to fix.

I chose colors for different parts in model as shown in picture in attachment, and as You can see i picked white for the frame below main deck. And in the middle of deck you can see some discolouration appeared, white frame turns into pink (because of shadows?). I'm rendering in Medium Quality, in Low Quality there is no such problem so I assume it is related with lightning settings. 

Can you help me with the solution?

Regards,

Patryk

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @patryk.kotarski ,

Is this a Navisworks API issue or a Navisworks product usage issue?

Are you performing any actions programmatically through the Navisworks API?

Please note that the Navisworks API rarely supports functionality that is not available in the end-user interface. If the UI does not support a particular feature, the API won't support it either. Firstly, it is always helpful to research the optimal manual approach to a solution before tackling the task programmatically.

If the issue is reproducible via the UI, please contact the Navisworks Product Support

If the problem cannot be replicated through the UI but is replicable using the API, kindly provide me the details:

Please do your best to isolate the problem and send a small, non-confidential buildable sample project with a test drawing that demonstrates the behaviour. Also, please provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the behaviour.

Note:

1.         Do not send us any information that you consider to be a trade secret to your company.

2.         Code snippets will not help us, because they don't allow us to reproduce the context in which the code runs.

Naveen Kumar T
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report