Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project units

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
SergeyShevtsov
1642 Views, 7 Replies

Project units

Hello!

I want to merge my dxf file with navis drawing:

Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Document doc = Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Application.ActiveDocument;
                    if (doc.TryMergeFile(@"C:\test1.dxf"))
 {
                        MessageBox.Show("Merge successful.");
                    }

But when i merge this files.I open Tree Structure. Navis project has units "Inches", but test1.dxf has milimetres.

How can i set inches?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

Using the .NET API, we can get the value of the Units for a document using the Document.Units() property. But it returns the units of the first model only. And setting the value is not possible since this property is read-only.

Using the COM API does not either help since the part.LinearUnits (where part is InwOaPartition2) is read-only and does not allow us to set the units. 

We have had wish to provide the API to set units.

Message 3 of 8

Thx for answer! I found the way to set units without API and COM, but with external application. But for launnch this application i need use external C# reference. I am add this dll in a references. But when i try use some procedures or functions in my plugin Naviworks crash with fatal error.. I tryed to connect other dll (maybe those dll has any errors) wich i wrote by myself, wich show message only.. and the same result Nws was crashed. Is there the way to use external reference?
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

The external reference of Navisworks plugin must be put within  <Navisworks installation path>\Dependencies\.

I am interested in how you set the unit 🙂 Did you get the handle of the dialog and swtich to the control of the Unit, and mimic changing unit? Is it possible to share some hints? Thank you!

Message 5 of 8

thanks for answer.

well for set units i used some scripts and windows handler. i think its wrong. but...

first of all i get screen size,then automaticaly press "structure view"  button, this button i check by coordinates, 

after i try to find this window, then press other button etc

well i know that awful desition, but it works.

Best Regards,

Sergey

Message 6 of 8
JohnHon
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi all,

Is there any updates on setting unit in api?

Thanks,

John

Message 7 of 8
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: JohnHon

Hi John,

This is still a wish
#11542: Ability to set the units of a document using .NET API.

I did not hear an update on this. Sorry if this is bad news for you.
Message 8 of 8
JohnHon
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi Xiaodong.

Sad to hear this news.

How about using Naviswork to change the unit of the model?Is it possible?

Thanks,
John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report