Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem to access nwd file views by com api

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
god_xp
717 Views, 5 Replies

problem to access nwd file views by com api

hi,i need to access nwd file views(name is right?),it's be called project brower in navisworks app. i have know how to get document savedviews. i find it  with navisworks sdk example:nwsControl.APIState.SavedViews() . it's wok well to get current view  points. but my nwd file have more views。i have no idear to get others view and view point? somebody help me? 

by the way,i used com api,not .net api. becase my project need work in web brower. tks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LukeMarshall
in reply to: god_xp

If you are talking about saved views then you may want to check they are not inside saved view folders first.

You will probably have to write code to traverse the folder structure.  This is from a COM API perspective, I can't comment on the .NET one.

Message 3 of 6
god_xp
in reply to: LukeMarshall

hi,i kown how about to get savedviews .i wan't to get drawing,view and other's emlement,all of this include of  "project brower"  in the navisworks app.please see my print screen.thank you.

printscreen

Message 4 of 6
god_xp
in reply to: LukeMarshall

in the donet api,it's to work:

foreach (SheetInfo sheetInfo in
Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Application.ActiveDocument.DocumentInfo.Value.Children)
{
//Do something with the sheet here
//...
//...
}

Spoiler
Man Sad
Spoiler
how to do with com api?
Message 5 of 6
god_xp

nobody in here?if is not impossible solve?

Message 6 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi god_xp,

Are you the customer who has emailed me in Oct? you asked me with the same snapshot. I have replied you that the list in this snapshot is NOT saved viewpoints. They are 'Sheet'. you can find some code pieces in API help.

foreach (SheetInfo sheetInfo in
Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.Application.ActiveDocument.DocumentInfo.Value.Children)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report