Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Plugins for Freedom?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4010 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks Plugins for Freedom?

Does Autodesk have a roadmap for adding plugin support to Navisworks Freedom? There are a few plugins I would like to create but it won't be helpful if Freedom is not allowed to use them.

We have a group of 20+ people licensed to use Manage, but we have many more who will be flying our models in Navisworks. 

Especially with the appearance of the Autodesk Exchange, I would expect more plugin-friendly licensing terms to be on the way.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Derek,

We do not have a plan to provide API for Freedom. Sorry if this is a bad news for you.

About the plugin-friendly licensing terms, I am not sure what you refer to, but we have started to provide Entitlement API which can help to mamage the users. Here are some blogs about the machanism. AutoCAD + its vertical have provided the relevant API. The API of other products are comming. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi Xiaodong,

I agree with Derek. We are using some licenses of Navisworks Simulate and we develop plugins for our clients.

However if we want the client to be able to use the plugin, we have to sell him Navisworks Simulate because it doesn't work on freedom.

As we have many clients, each time they have to buy our plugin and then the Simulate license.

So is there something like Autocad OEM for Navisworks? a kind of agreement that would enable us to have cheaper license ?

Thanks,

Damien

(PS:TY for all of your posts Xiaodong, that's very helpfull!!)

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Damien,

it was my pleasure those posts could help a bit 🙂

Sorry, as far as I know, there is not a kind of agreement for Navisworks like AutoCAD OEM. Currently, to work with full API ability, the client has to install Simulate/Manage. As mentioned in the other posts, the new cloud technology View and Data service might be a good choice. Could you take a look ?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-api/change-camera-position-on-navisworks-freedom/m-p/552788...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report