Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks API plugin locations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeroenvanvlierden
5142 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks API plugin locations

Hello,

I am pretty new to the Navisworks API, but I have managed already quite a bit 🙂

However there is one problem that is bugging me!

My project is becoming too large and I want to split it into multiple class libraries

I started off with deploying my plugin to the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2015\Plugins\<PluginName>

Splitting my solution into multiple dll's that are depoyed into the same folder seems to be a problem

If, for instance I have a classlibrary dll containing a single class called Class1, referencing this Class causes Navisworks to crash because it can not find the dll which is in the same Plugin folder as the main folder.

And if I copy the dll to the Navisworks program files folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2015 folder), it works!

But that is of course not a very good solution

Probably adding it to the global assembly cache would work as well (but I also don't want that)

please help me 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

There is a 'dependencies' folder in the '<drive>:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks <Product> 2015' folder which is intended to be used for plug-ins dependent assemblies.

Since 2015, we introduced the new way to load plugin: bundle. It allows the dependent dlls could be within the relative path of the main dll.

In case you have not known the bundle format, here is the blog for your reference:
http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2014/05/navisworks-exchange-store-opens.html
Message 3 of 3

Hi @xiaodong_liang, I developed NW2019 plugin and set-up .bundle format and everything is working fine on my PC and on several others. But for some reason, a few of my colleagues can't see plugin at all. Please take a look into PackageContents.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ApplicationPackage >
  <Components Description="2019">
    <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win64" Platform="NAVMAN|NAVSIM" SeriesMin="Nw16" SeriesMax="Nw16" />
    <ComponentEntry AppType = "ManagedPlugin" ModuleName = "./Contents/v16/ProductivityTools.dll"></ComponentEntry>
  </Components>
</ApplicationPackage>

And here is the folder structure images:

Annotation 2019-03-21 162650.jpg

is there anything I'm missing?

By using non-bundle ways to load the plugin, everything works fine. Since I have plans to publish this on the store, resolving this issue is crucial to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report