Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2013 Object Rotation Issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
713 Views, 0 Replies

Navisworks 2013 Object Rotation Issues

Hi,

I am currently using the Navisworks Simulate 2013 software where me and my colleagues are having issues when trying to rotate objects precisely.

While in the animator I am trying to rotate my object from a specific pivot point. I am able to click and drag my X,Y,Z axis (HUD that apperars for rotation) to a point where I the perform the rotation from that pivot point with no problem. This is great, the problem is that it does not have the meter precision that I am looking for. While trying to be precise and use the coordinate system that appears in the bottom left X,Y,Z and cX,cY,cZ I come up with my issues. When plugging in my point at cX,cY, and cZ the HUD moves to that point without a problem. When I go to type in my degree of rotation it will rotate that degree but not at the pivot coordinates that I put in. Everytime I specify the rotation precisly it will rotate at the same point near the middle of the object regardless of the coordinates of my pivot point (cX,cY,cZ) that was typed in. Again, this only happens when I type in spefic coordinates for pivot and rotation, and not when I use my mouse to drag the HUD to a specified spot. Im not sure if this is a bug or a stupid mistake by me but any help would be great

Thanks,

Robert

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report