Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisWorks 2012 - Unlicensed API

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jamierichard
642 Views, 5 Replies

NavisWorks 2012 - Unlicensed API

I have written an application in VB6 which uses the nwcontrol. The app allows the user to open a Navisworks model. Then I have a command that will change colors of objects based on properties. This all worked in Navisworks 2010, however, when I run the command to change colors I get the unlicensed API message. My company has over 200 navisworks licenses so I know we have licenses. Some of the stuff I've read hints that I need to embed the license in the app. How would I do this or how can I get the app to run some of the actions to manipulate objects inside the navisworks model.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Jamie

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Message 3 of 6
jamierichard
in reply to: jamierichard

Thank you for your response. However, this didn't exactly answer my question. Point 5 in the link you refer is as follows:

5. API Not Fully Enabled

By default what the Lite, Full or Redistributable controls can do is open a model, change navigation mode and select pre-defined viewpoints. Most APIs abilities are not enabled.

When you try to access the un-enabled methods/objects, you will receive a failure:

"Navisworks Error - API Unlicensed"

How to I fully enable the control so I don't get the above message?

Message 4 of 6

I forgot one more blog in the last message

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/06/navisworks-activex-navisworks-error-api-unlicensed.html

It is true as indicated in this blog. You must use Integrated control to have full abilities. This means you must install Simulate/Manage. Sorry.

Message 5 of 6

I have navisworks 2012 simulate. where do I find the integrated controls

Message 6 of 6

As in the blog I mentioned: 

(2) The GUID can be found in the registry if they have been installed. e.g. searching with ‘Integrated Control’, you can get the GUID. And replace the CLSID with this one in the HTML.

<OBJECT ID="NWControl01" CLASSID="CLSID:29877E00-BEC4-4A2D-B40E-5AB27F4A916C">
<PARAM NAME="_cx" VALUE="7000">
<PARAM NAME="_cy" VALUE="7000">
<PARAM NAME="SRC" VALUE="c:\temp\gatehouse.nwd">
</OBJECT></p>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report