Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSP schedule to model interoperability

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kishore152
321 Views, 2 Replies

MSP schedule to model interoperability

Hi all,

I would like to know the extent to which this API thing can be made use of to solve my problem.

My problem is, " After linking the MSP schedule to the model to generate the 4D simulation, instead of updating the MSP file for the actual progress, I would like to update it in the model itself. What I meant is, I should get an option when I click the element in the model to update its progress, which in turn gets updated in the MSP file."

I don't know much about API. So I want to know whether my issue can be resolved with the aid of API, so that I can start learning.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kishore152
in reply to: kishore152

Please someone help me by telling where I can post this issue, so that I get some reply,

Or atleast say whether the issue is  clear(understood) or not, so that I can give some more detail..

Please suggest.....

Message 3 of 3
KempCE
in reply to: kishore152

Kishore,

If I understand you correctly you want to be able to update progress from the model. 

Example WorkFlow

You open Navisworks

You load your MSP

You Click on a Component & Retrieve its Unique Tag With Schedule ID

You enter in a value

You click a button to save the Value back to the MSP (Microsoft Project)?

You should be be able do this, but I do not have any idea about the heartburn & frustration required. Smiley Happy

From a high level you can create a NavisWorsk Plugin & you should be able to reference the MSP API. (This Would be the Worst Case Scenerio, I do not know if Autodesk provides a native API to integrate with MSP). 

Your Major problem is going to be combining objects in Navisworks to a Unique Tag. 

Your WORST case scenario is that you have a Dummy Navisworks model with a bunch of COMPID's(Unique Cad Objects) from different CAD Packages (PDS, AuoPlant, ACAD Plant, etc, etc...) that will have to be grouped together to form a unique tag like a spool or a piece of equipment for example. 

Does This Sound about right?

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report