Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ModelGUID not refreshed when File in NWF is replaced

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdenheijer
517 Views, 4 Replies

ModelGUID not refreshed when File in NWF is replaced

Hi,

For this issue we have created a temporary function that shows the user the ModelGUID.

We have the following scenario:

1. Create an NWD (based on version A.nwc), called Test.nwd. Open this NWD. ModelGUID is eg. 1234...

2. Now save it as X.nwf and re-open this NWF. ModelGUID is eg. 1234...

3. Now close the X.nwf and remove Test.nwd in windows explorer.

4. Now create a second NWD (based on version B.nwc), called Test.nwd  (you exchange the version of the NWD). ModelGUID is eg. 6789...

5. Now open X.nwf. (Because paths remain the same, the new version is loaded automatically, so the nwf now contains version B).
But here comes the issue: The modelGUID that is shown is the modelGUID of the originally linked NWD (1234....) and has not refreshed to the newer version (6789...)!

Does anybody have a clue what we can do about this. We use this modelGUID to identify a dataset within a SQL database, but it now finds the wrong dataset!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: mdenheijer

Hi mdenheijer,

I am struggling to understand the scenario.  Could you share some dataset to help us to understand? Thank you

Message 3 of 5
mdenheijer

Hereby the extra explanation and NWD files.

Message 4 of 5
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

I saw such behavior,using the SDK sample AppInfo which can dumps the properties. But when I came back to check the original v2.nwd, I found API shows its GUID is also b42fb889-c62a-5949-a323-755082b00754. i.e. even without nwf, the GUID in UI is different to API. This is strange to me.

Can I know how v2.nwd is produced?

Message 5 of 5
mdenheijer
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

We found out that the API gives 2 GUID’s per model being the “GUID” and the “SourceGUID”. The sourceGUID does seem to give the right value for the models. I will test this further next week.

To answer your question: We had 1 revit file and generated 2 differently named NWC files from this. These NWC files where published to a NWD file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report