Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue porting program from Simulate 2012 to Simulate 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
deanlyon
274 Views, 3 Replies

Issue porting program from Simulate 2012 to Simulate 2014

I have a program that works well with Navisworks Simulate 2012.  I am getting it to run with Navisworks Simulate 2014.  I have gotten it to compile just fine. It uses one instance of Simulate to open a list of DWG files into a single model, then clears the document and does the same thing again with a different list.  In Navisworks 2014, I get an access violation when trying to open a file after using the Clear method on the document object.  The NWD i am opening before appending the DWG files is the same file for each list. It opens fine for the first list.  The error occurrs the second time I attempt to open it.  This works without error in Simulate 2012.  

Is there somethign I need to do to the Document object to prepare it to open a document after a clear? Is attempting to open the same NWD after using Clear an issue?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: deanlyon

Hi,

There is not change with the relevant methods. This sounds like an issue. Could you isolate and upload a demo program with the source code?
Message 3 of 4
deanlyon
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I can put the function that opens and attaches files into a demo program and see if I get the same results.

Message 4 of 4
deanlyon
in reply to: deanlyon

I have created a demo and was not able to replicate the behavior.  The program is complex and invovles database interaction to get the locations of the files.  Not sure why the same code would not work. However, I was able to open the same file a second time after Clear() with my demo.  I will have to figure out what is preventing the open from working in my non-demo program. Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report