Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do the function like new file in navisworks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sd1036770
379 Views, 5 Replies

how to do the function like new file in navisworks

Hello,i am making a control application,i want to do a function called "new file" like in navisworks,so if i have open a nwd file and add it into the application,then i want to create a new,empty environment,what kind of things should i release?or i just use Application.MainDocument.clear() is ok?

TKS~~~~

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: sd1036770

hi,

yes, I think you are correct. from help doc, this method deletes entire contents of document, returning to default (untitled, empty) state.

Message 3 of 6
sd1036770
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi,Mr.Liang

so what about the MainDocument?the doc says it can't be change during the lifetime,what is the difference between the maindocument and activedocument?

in the vs' monitor,the maindocument is the same as activedocument

Message 4 of 6
sd1036770
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

and another additional question ,not about the api ,i've heard the navisworks 2014 is coming this month?

Message 5 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

Navisworks is still SDI (single document) currently. The MainDocument is always the same as the ActiveDocument. If  the development of Navisworks is improved to work with MDI(multiple documents) in the future, this will imply that the ActiveDocument may not always reference the same object, like AutoCAD.

Message 6 of 6
xiaodong_liang

yes, as I know. 

In addition, if you have any new questions which are not related with the orignal, please log a new post. The forum intends to be a knowledge base for global developers. A clear discussion history would be helpful. Thank you 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report