Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DockPanePlugin

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
talesfc
624 Views, 3 Replies

Help with DockPanePlugin

Hi 

I am new to Navisworks API and would like help on using the DockPanePlugin. I have read the "DockPane Tutorial" by Le Zhang (http://lezhang.net/2012/06/13/navisworks-2013-api-dockpane-tutorial/) and tested the  DockPane Helloword example. 

However I have not found pointers on how to access gui controls on the panel. For example, how can I set/get the text content on a textblock on the panel ?

regards

Tales

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
saikat
in reply to: talesfc

Hi Tales

Once you have GUI controls on the panel, you can access it in the same way you would have accessed a GUI located on a Windows Form from the class which initializes the Form. So the options are -

Making the GUI control's (say TextBox) modifier public and acessing it from the, say, BasicDockPanePlugin.cs class in the BasicDocPanePlugin SDK sample.

Or Passing the variable parameter to the Panel and using that to get/set the values of a TextBox - just like it has been done for the Label in the same SDK sample.

Hope this helps.

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 3 of 4
talesfc
in reply to: saikat

Hi Saikat,

Thanks for helping. Following your advice I succeeded accessing the wpf control.

regards

Message 4 of 4
saikat
in reply to: talesfc

Thats great to hear, Tales. Thanks for letting me know.

regards

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report