Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Havinfg Trouble reading and retreving data from a navis works file.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
muaz.al.jarhi
8444 Views, 4 Replies

Havinfg Trouble reading and retreving data from a navis works file.

Hello,

I am new to using navisworks. I am trying form a c# application to read a naviswors file (.nwd or .nwf). The problm is I do not know and cannot get how to retrieve the required data from the file. For example, If a model stored in the file is a cube, I should be able to grt information About this model like its dimentions, its position, position of virticies, etc.. I looked at the navisworks manage 2012 .net api but cannot find how to do it. Also I want to able to retrieve the schedule/costs (if they are included in the file). Thanks in advance.

Muaz Aljarhi 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

In the conception of Navisworks, no ‘position’ for an object. It has an overall bounding box ModelGeometry.BoundingBox. In addition current API can override the transform, but cannot get the override value.

API can get the primitives of the object, by COM API currently. Please refer to the attached code.

Message 3 of 5

Hello

I am also new to Navisworks, and I am trying to retrieve the 3D data from the NVC file. I have tried to use COM and GenerateSimplePrimitives function, but it’s extremely slow. For my test model (20MB NVC file) it generates 80M triangles, and it takes around 20 minutes on a very fast machine. Is there a way to speed up this process? Or is it possible to get an access to the real polygon/object (cylinder, box, surface, etc.) data?

Best regards,

Tomasz

Message 4 of 5

add one sample of VB6 for some customers.

Message 5 of 5

Hi Xiaodong,

I am trying to run the example you uploaded using c#. I was able to compile it. While, there is nothing showing up in the Add-ins tab after copying the .dll file under the Plugin folder. Do you have any idea of that?

Thanks a lot!!

Anna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report