Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get current name view point throw API

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
afshin.j
1021 Views, 3 Replies

Get current name view point throw API

Hi there,

I want to get current saved view point in my c# code using com api.

state.CurrentView is an InwOpAnomView and saved viewpoints are InwOpView objects

how could I get which InwOpView is now being displayed in the model?

Regards,

Afshin

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: afshin.j

Hi,

So, you want to know which Saved View is applied currently. Unfortunately, this ability is not provided, yet. The only event is InwOpStateEvents. OnSavedViewsChanged, but it does not tell which one is selected.

You may think compare all the params ( Camera params, Paradigm, RenderStyle etc) between the current view and all Saved Views. If all are same, this Saved View might be the current view. But it is just 'possible' because there may be more than one Saved Views with same params, or current view could be adjusted manually till it has same params, in such situation, none of Saved Views is applied.

Regards,

autodesk_logo_signature.png

Xiaodong Liang

Developer Consultant

Autodesk Developer Technical Services

Message 3 of 4
afshin.j
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Dear Xiaodong,

Thanks for responding,

I hope we could see some more powerful event handling functionalities in future releases.

Regards,

Afshin.

Message 4 of 4

I understand this caused you frustrated with your application in the past. If you have checked Navisworks 2013 .NET API, you will have known  SavedViewpoints.CurrentSavedViewpoint tells the current selected saved viewpoint. 

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report