Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Display Units and Fractional Display Precision?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Ixath
13053 Views, 6 Replies

Finding Display Units and Fractional Display Precision?

I'd like my plugin to automatically use the information on the INTERFACE -> DISPLAY UNITS page (Linear Units, Decimal Places, and Fractional Display Precision) so I can format my text boxes to match the users current setup...but I can't figure out where these values are stored.

Is this something I'm able to do? If so, where is the data stored?

I was thinking I could read from a pre-existing config file if I had to, but nothing I saw contained this data either. I think I'm just blind?

edit:

So it looks like I might have found where to start:  Autodesk.Navisworks.Internal.ApiImplementation.ApplicationConfig... or not.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Ixath

Hi,

The officcial .NET API has not exposed the abilities with Global Options. You could get the values from registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage x64\11.0\GlobalOptions\interface\disp_units

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Additionally, does the API currently expose the ability to access the specific per file/model unit as specified under the "Units and Transform" dialog accessable via the Selection Tree?

Message 4 of 7
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

.NET API provides Document.Units and Model.Units.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Somewhy in NW Manage x64 2014 GlobalOptions doesn't exist at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage x64\11.0\ on Windows 8 machine. Can these settings be hiden elsewhere?

Message 6 of 7
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I have no Win8 at this moment. could you provide a snapshot on the problem? Thank you!
Message 7 of 7

You can read it.

This is for converting to mm:

double conv = UnitConversion.ScaleFactor(Application.MainDocument.Units, Units.Millimeters);

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report