Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families exported from Revit in Navisworks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Paulio
328 Views, 1 Reply

Families exported from Revit in Navisworks

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this as it might be something to do with the export from Revit but I'll ask anyway.

I have a family in Revit which is made up of other families. When I export the project from Revit to NWC using the Navisworks 2013 Exporter plugin, it seems to explode the family and the items in Navisworks are the sub families and not the main outer family. There doesn't seem to be any object in Navisworks which is the parent family.

So a few questions:

Is there a property in Navisworks which ties each element back to its parent?

Is it something in the exporter I need to set? (perhaps this is the wrong forum for this question)

Is it because the only objects in the family are themselves families?

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
saikat
in reply to: Paulio

Hi Paulio

I think you have also put across this question to ADN and received the response by now.

In anycase, I am including the findings in case it helps others with a similar query in this forum :

There are no such settings in NW exporter. The Exporter focuses on  exporting  geometry objects and their properties. The family relationship is not a property of a geometry object in Revit.

Sorry if this is bad news for you,

cheers

Saikat

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report