Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with reference for the Navis 2013 DLL

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
potapczuk
1122 Views, 8 Replies

Error with reference for the Navis 2013 DLL

Hi,

I have a plugin already running with the Navis Manager 2012, now I need to migrate it to Navis 2013. So for this I changed my DLLs from my Navis 2012 installation to Navis 2013.

I alerady did this when migrating from 2011 to 2012, but with 2013 is not working, when I compile my project it loses the references to the DLLs, and I could not find out why.

DLLs referenced in project

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.dll

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\Autodesk.Navisworks.ComApi.dll

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\Autodesk.Navisworks.Interop.ComApi.dll

Error

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Autodesk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Reference in code

using Autodesk.Navisworks.Api;

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: potapczuk

I assume you have re-added the references from the path of Navisworks 2013. It is a bit hard to address. have you tried with the SDK samples? Or could you try to create a simplest project, with the steps of API help guide to see if it works?

Message 3 of 9
BBoretzky

I am having the same error, no matter where I try and add the references from it will not recognize them.

Message 4 of 9
zhangle

Are you sure the file address shown is the right one? In my default installation, it is 

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013\api\net\bin\x86\Autodesk.Navisworks.Api.dll

Message 5 of 9
BBoretzky
in reply to: zhangle

Yes, I add the reference from that location you described and the reference will add but will have the yellow exclamation point and will not build.  I can add 2012 dlls, no problem.  Also I tried to start a brand new project and tried to add this reference as well and still does the same thing.

Message 6 of 9
BBoretzky

More information, It seems that the references aren't showing up only in Visual Studio 2008, in 2010 they are adding fine.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: BBoretzky

Hi, 

I may not have got the whole picture of this question. It sounds like the issue that is related with the Runtime version. 2013 API dlls are v4.0.30319. While the toppest version of VS2008 is 3.5.

Message 8 of 9
swarochisa
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I'm working with VS2012 and I'm having the same problem. I've tried changing my references from 2012 to 2015 and I end up getting the same result. Once I go back to the 2012 references everything is good again . Is there a solution to this? Also, does  two versions installed simultaneously (Navisworks 2012 and 2015) have anything to do with it?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
swarochisa
in reply to: swarochisa

I got it work. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report