Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom / Multiple Viewports via Navis

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
785 Views, 4 Replies

Custom / Multiple Viewports via Navis

Hey all,

I am currently looking to develop a method to allow for multiple viewports to be displayed in navis, similar to that of 3ds Max. Idealy I would like these to be stand alone viewports with customizable camera's per viewport, alternatively to have a simple 2x2 grid with the ability to have multiple cameras in the scene per viewport would be fine.

Does anyone know if a specific method I could use to allow me to do with with Navisworks?

Thanks,

Marc C

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ulski1
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Marc,

it is called "Split view" in Navisworks. View tab->Split View. As far as I know it is not a part of the API

Ulrik

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ulski1

Hi Ulrik,

Thank you for this, I am looking for a minimum of 4 viewports with 4 individual cameras. I will look to see if I can do anything further with the Split view.

Cheers,

Marc C

Message 4 of 5
ulski1
in reply to: Anonymous

you can open as many split views as you need -  each view will have a separate camera and navigation bar.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ulski1

Hey,

Yeah, thank you I have managed to get the 4 I require. I am currently looking at the Viewport api at the moment to see if I can load a custom document in.

Thanks again.

Marc C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report