Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash image

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anzi
1534 Views, 4 Replies

Clash image

Hi,

Is there any way to get a clash image as the clash detective does? I tried to run the "PluginExportExample" from the Navisworks COM API 2013 but it creates different images. If clash detection is disabled the images contain all the elements from all the models (basically all the building is shown). If clash detection is enabled I get blank images.

I use the method from the "PluginExportExample" to create an image. I noticed that the example uses the InwOpState method "CreatePicture".

p_state.CreatePicture(anon, Type.Missing, 320, 200) as object

I tried to use the "CreatePicture" method of InwOclTestResult

clash.CreatePicture(anon, Type.Missing, 500, 500);

but I get errors.

What is the right way to get an image of a clash of two elements like clash detective does?

Regards,

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: anzi

Hi,

Basically, we will need to get the viewpoint of the InwOclTestResult, get its viewpoint.  Because the viewpoint is a InwNvViewPoint, we need to create a InwOpAnonView to use the InwNvViewPoint. Finally call createpiture with the InwOpAnonView.

I did many tests, unfortunately it looks a problem to me. I think you tried with the similar workflow.

I will get back if I make something out.

Message 3 of 5
dupuisj
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi,

I also would like to have some information on that if there is a solution.  I'm triing to create my own clash report.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: dupuisj

Hi,

Sorry, I have not had a worked code with InwOclTestResult.CreatePicture. It looks a problem to me. But I produced a code which could export the viewpoint of the clash result to an image, though it has not the information to show (highlight) the clash entities as what you can see from UI.

I've written it as a blog. Hope it helps a bit.

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/09/workaround-to-export-image-of-clash-result.html

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

So the InwOclTestResult.CreatePicture() function still does not work in 2019? And there is still no function for exporting the clash image in .NET API?

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report