Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create Addin on Simulate 2011

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lgdassis
595 Views, 8 Replies

Can't create Addin on Simulate 2011

Hi,

I'm new on API for Navisworks, but I already read the manual,  search on foruns, blogs, and still no clue.

In the manual I tryed to folow the steps and generate .dll files. It was ok, Visual Studio create the files inside Plugin folder of navisworks exacly like the manual says.

But when I open Navisworks Simulate 2011, it doesn't show the Addin's button, and I don't have any idea why.

I search in the forum and find something about login as a administrator and run the program as a regular user can have some problems. Should I put the .dll files as an administrator only?

Or if I put the .dll files as a regular user and run the program as a regular user it should work, once that I'm usind the same folder?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: lgdassis

Hi,

I do not hear an issue in which the previledge would affect plugin loading. I'd firstly want to check

- can the API sample work?

- have you tried with an empty plugin? i.e. the Execute method is empty.

- you said "Visual Studio created the files inside Plugin folder", did you mean, assume your plugin project dll is named "MyTestPlugin.dll", the folder is

<Navisworks Installation Path>\Plugins\MyTestPlugin\  

- did your plugin depend on any other dlls?

Message 3 of 9
lgdassis
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi Liang,

thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to make the samples Naviswork's API to work, but it doesn't appear.

I'm attaching the Plugin Folder for you to have a look.

After a lot of tries with no sucsses, I downloaded the trial version of Manage 2013, to see if the problem was something in the machine.

I did the same steps with all samples API for MAnage 2013 and they are all workimg.

But on Simulate 2011, wich is the software that I have license, still not working.

Message 4 of 9
xiaodong_liang

Hi lgdassis,

Can I know if you have reuilt the plugin with 2011 references (e.g. autodesk.navisworks.api.dll) when you tested with Simulate 2011? .NET API is not back compatible currently. That means you will need to rebuild with the version of release which you want to use.

Or I misunderstood your scenario?

Message 5 of 9
lgdassis

The first one that I did was in Simulate 2011. I didn't have Manage 2013 installed.

So I just had Navisworks.API.dll of Simulate 2011.

And I'm using the samples API, and all the references are all ready inside the Visual Studio.

When you "Build" on VS, all the files are created in side the Plugin folder, exacly like should be, but when you open the program the Addin's Tab doesn't appear.

Message 6 of 9
lgdassis

Liang,

do tou think it can be the VS version that I'm using?

On manuals of Simulate 2011, it says VS2008, I'm using VS2010.

when I open the example project for the first time, VS makes a conversion from 2008 to 2010.

I don't have any other idea.

Message 7 of 9
lgdassis

Autodesk support in Brazil, give me the solution.

Navisworks 2011only accept .NET 3.5, and Visual Studio 2010 works as a default on .NET 4.0.

So you need to change in the properties of the project to use .NET 3.5

Message 8 of 9
xiaodong_liang

I think the Brazil supporter is Augusto 🙂 He asked me about the .NET version for each Navisworks two days ago. 

glad to know the problem is addressed. When I asked you if the SDK sample works or not, it implied if there is some differences of project settings between your plugin and the SDK's. Sorry not highlighting .NET version earlier.

Message 9 of 9
lgdassis

Thank you Liang. -- *Luiz Guilherme Assis* Tubula??o - Administrador de Pdms Pleno *A1 Tecnologia Industrial - Unidade Engenharia* Fone: +55 41 3616-3643 http://www.a1.ind.br/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report