Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API/Plug-in support for Navisworks Freedom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
temptage
3673 Views, 4 Replies

API/Plug-in support for Navisworks Freedom

Hi,

My suspicion is that API plug-ins are not supported for Navisworks Freedom products. Is this indeed the case or is there a way in which you can still enable a custom plug-in with Freedom?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: temptage

Hi temptage,

Navisworks Freedom does not support any API. Sorry for this.

Message 3 of 5
GBGB1434
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I know this thread was from awhile ago I just wanted to check this is still the case with Freedom 2014 or 2015.  I understand why AutoDesk do not allow Plug-ins into Freedom as someone could just develop a full Navisworks but on Freedom and bypass licensing, however my company is an AutoDesk developer partner and I have developed a plugin that basically just stores the camera position and restores the camera position and takes a screen capture, nothing more.  A lot of my clients keep asking if my application works with Freedom as they use this a lot in their companies.  Is there anyway that I could acheive the above with Freedom?

Regards

Simon Liddicott

Ticodi Limited

Message 4 of 5
derekjarvis
in reply to: GBGB1434

I have recently made a post about this as well, and I got the same answer.

I agree that Freedom should allow plugins as well, but of course it should be limited. It would be possible to disallow plugins to load by only allowing Freedom access to a subset of the API. However, I think the API is not mature yet so this type of feature is probably low on the priority list.

Message 5 of 5

removed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report