Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding View Control to toolbox items in Visual Studio

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vgottipa
624 Views, 1 Reply

Adding View Control to toolbox items in Visual Studio

Hello, I would like to make use of Navisworks controls library to add a navisworks control to a form. However, I have nott been able to figure out how to add the control to toolbox to visual studio.

I have added refrences to Autodesk.Navisworks.Controls.dll and Autodesk.Naviworks.Api.dll. I have also tried to add the control via 'Choose Toolbox items' and browsing to Autodesk.Navisworks.Controls.dll. However, the view control and document control still would not show up in the toolbox.

I can add SDIViewer and MDIViewer controls but the documentation does not mention if they can be used. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: vgottipa

Hi,

it looks you have checked this question through ADN process. For other's reference, I enclosed my answer here:

It is not strange that you hit the issue because you are using VS on 64bit OS. The designer of VS is still 32bit on 64bit. So the toolbox cannot load the 64bit .NET control.

But it can load the 64bit control on runtime. So typically, we suggest the developer create the program on 32bit OS and copy to 64bit. You can still design it on 64bit. The only issue is you cannot add it from toolbox.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report