Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active X Clicked Events: Predefined vs Dynamic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
clam2020
490 Views, 3 Replies

Active X Clicked Events: Predefined vs Dynamic

Hello,

I am curious to know if there is a way to generate a link between an object in the model to some database information without having the link being predefined?  For example, as I am viewing my model on a website and click on a beam in the model I can have a defined link to show some information regarding that beam.  Is it possible to create that link through some UI on the webpage itself?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: clam2020

Hi,

The way I can think of is to monitor the mouse clicking event of the control, get the current selection, read the properties (if it stores the hyperlink info), or read the info from a database (if you have mapped the element with the info in the database), finally show the info.

But I still prefer to the predefined hyperlink attached to the elements. Thus the user can click the URL directly.

Message 3 of 4
tagbagz
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi

Would it be possible to show some example VBscript of how to get the properties from an object that has been clicked.

I too would be very interested in acccessing this information via a web browser.

Many Thanks

PM

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: tagbagz

Hi,

here is a blog on how to use event of Navisworks ActiveX control within a web page.

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/08/enable-event-of-activex-control.html

As to getting object's property, I'd suggest you refer to the SDK sample in <Navisworks Manage 2012>\api\COM\examples\AUTO_06. It is a sample of automation, but the core code could be borrowed to the web page application, using VBS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report