Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Naviswork from Visual C#

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HusseinOthman75
2241 Views, 4 Replies

Access Naviswork from Visual C#

Hi,

I'm using Visual C# 2012 for developing my applications and i want to access Navisworks Manage 2012 from Visual C# (like accessing Database from Visual C#) to make selection and manipulate the Naviswork Model from within C#.

Is this possible? and if it is possible, how to do it?

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
deanlyon
in reply to: HusseinOthman75

Hussein,
You need to use the API (Automated Program Interface). You will find more resources and help if you join the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN).
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

the webcast below might be helpful to get started with Navisworks API

http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/Navisworks_2011_API_Webcast-Sept2010.zip

in which Automation API is also introduced.

Message 4 of 5
sammoes
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

That zip file contains .Net projects. In there, the following files are used but they are missing from the zip file. Can you please see if you can find them and post them online?

C:\Users\priestm\rules.dat

C:\Users\priestm\Documents\Public Models\TRAPELO.nwd

C:\Users\priestm\Documents\Public Models\TRAPELO-coloured.nwd

I understand that the tool allows you to add new rules, but I don't know what to fill in into the form (Category etc.)

Message 5 of 5
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: sammoes

Hi,

sorry, indeed there are missing, but the presenter Michael cannot find them back. It was long time ago while he did not make a backup.

However, in the training labs, I produced a similar sample in Lab6: Search, including a demo model and demo xml of pricing.
http://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2015/10/self-paced-navisworks-api-training-labs.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report