cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nastran output

Nastran output

Have an option NOT put up the Nastran output when running a solve.

This would be really useful for demos, where you don't really want the customer to see loads of warnings come up!

You could always switch to the output toolbar afterwards if you wanted to.

Dave

Envisage

4 Comments
AndrewSears
Community Manager

Dave,

I just want to make sure about something.  Did you know you can switch from the Output dialog back to the Model Tree while the analysis is running?  

Andy 

DWhiteley
Advisor

yes I do, but if you did that during a demo, they may think you are trying to hide something...

mitch.muncy
Alumni
We can consider having an option as you've outlined, but I think the main workflow would be to see the status of the analysis once it is launched. Most warnings that come during the analysis are based on element quality. If you are doing check runs or demonstrations where element quality is less important, you can suppress the warnings by setting ELEMGEOMCHECKS=OFF. This can be done temporarily in the Parameters node on the tree or permanently by editing the Nastran.ini file in the installation folder under \System\Nastran. It is located under Geometry Processor Parameters. If you do turn it off permanently, be sure to try turning it back on when a solution is failing to make sure it isn't mesh related. I hope this helps. Mitch
AndrewSears
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report