Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple simulation: FATAL ERROR T2005: INVALID FREE FIELD FORMAT IN FIELD 3

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ga25puh
930 Views, 2 Replies

Simple simulation: FATAL ERROR T2005: INVALID FREE FIELD FORMAT IN FIELD 3

Hi,

I am a complete newbee 😉

I tried to get a very basic sim. running in Nastran-InCAD but all I get is this error message when i hit the run button. I set up a Force, Material, Physics, a Mesh and a constrain. Also took a look at some tuts but can not figure out where my problem is Smiley Frustrated

I am using Inventor Professional 2014 SP2 and Nastran In-CAD 2015 (both student versions)

Hope you can help me out here Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mahaboob515
in reply to: ga25puh

Hello,

Can you please share your model if it is not confidential to reproduce from our side and this fatal error seems that it is outputing the Nastran fields as "," (comma) instead of "." (dot). 

Go to Control panel-> Regional settings-> Additional settings and check how the Decimal symbols are treated.

image.png

Actually, it's a known issue: Other than English and Japanese all other languages OS have this issue, we are working on this issue.

Thanks!

Mahaboob Basha.S
Principal QA Analyst
PDG-Digital Manufacturing Group
Message 3 of 3
ga25puh
in reply to: mahaboob515

Hey thanks!

This solved the Problem! I just switched the "Decimal Symbol" with the "Group Symbol" so the Decimal Symbol now is "." and not "," anymore (like when you have Sys. language "English" and not German (what I had))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report