Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response spectrum Nastran IN - CAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rgruychev
727 Views, 6 Replies

Response spectrum Nastran IN - CAD

Please show me example or advice for Response Spectrum analysis.

Aboute this http://www.autodesk.com/products/nastran-in-cad/compare it is possible.

How to make ?

Example missing in tutorial.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david_cordova
in reply to: rgruychev

We don't currently have a tutorial but you can find information on response spectrum generation and application in chapter 6 of the Nastran User's Manual.  To access it, go to:

Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Nastran 2015 > Documentation > Autodesk Nastran User's Manual

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david_cordova

Dear David,

On this time I'm performing a dynamic analysis by the response spectrum methodology. About the chapter that you mentioned, could you give which are the points specifically where is described the use of the spectrum response. Could you give a little tutorial on some points, about how to define the curve in Nastran? I'm interesting in something like this (but in Nastran in CAD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYsisjqOaiI

Regards,

JJJJ

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Dear Mr. Cordova,

Some days ago I took you a question, and at moment I can`t find a solution for that (I haven`t found any information about response spectrum analysis in ANiC). Could you please help to me?

Regards,

JJJ

Message 5 of 7
david_cordova
in reply to: Anonymous

Please see the attached pdf.  Note that this isn't official Autodesk documentation, just a guide to help answer your question.  The way to setup the analysis is to create a modal analysis and modify that Nastran bulk data file with the additional SRS info.  You will need to add new cards, one at a time to the case control and bulk data sections.  Everything listed in the document describes what is different from a typical modal analysis, however there are some things that you can do through the In-CAD interface such as create mass elements and change parameters.  If you chose to do it through the In-CAD interface then obviously you would not need to manually add new cards for those items.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Dear Mr. Córdova,

Thank you very much for your response. I think it is a quite complicated, do not? In my opinion it is a procedure that it should be implemented in Nastran in CAD to perform automatically: this kind of analysis is very common, almost everything in seismic applications.

Regards,

JJJ

Message 7 of 7
david_cordova
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree that it is cumbersome and difficult to setup.  I suggest you submit an idea to the IdeaStation for a more direct way of setting up response spectrum analysis within In-CAD:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/nastran-in-cad-ideastation/idb-p/76

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report