Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements on Inventor for usage of Nastran In-CAD?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
max.edvardsson
693 Views, 6 Replies

Requirements on Inventor for usage of Nastran In-CAD?

Hi,

What are the version requirements on Inventor (if any?) to be able to use Nastra In-CAD 2015. Also, are there requirements to have Inventor Professional to be able to use Nastran In-CAD 2015?

Regards,

Max

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

So far it seems due to the availability of only floating licenses for Nastran In-CAD that it also only works with Inventor which has a floating license. Question is if Nastran In-CAD will ever be available as a single user license?
Inventor Professional is not a must for Nastran.
Message 3 of 7
AndrewSears
in reply to: alexwouters

Max - In-CAD 2015 is only supported with Inventor 2015 Basic and Inventor 2015 Professional.  

Alex - In-CAD 2015 is only available with a Network License and will run on Inventor using Standalone or Network license types.  We would like to hear more about this if Network Licensing for In-CAD is a problem for you.  What roadblocks do you have with Network licensing?  We have discussed the option to making this work with Standalone licensing.  Maybe you can help pursuade us.  🙂

Thanks and let us know if this did not answer your questions.

Andy 

Message 4 of 7
awouters
in reply to: AndrewSears

I couldn't get In-CAD running with a standalone license of Inventor. It even states that this is not possible at the moment in the "known issues" doc:
The ability to run a stand-alone licensed add-in with a network licensed product (or vice-versa) is not available in the 2015 release.

Will this be different in the 2016 release? At the moment all our customers with standalone Inventor need to upgrade to Network in order to get In-CAD to run. Thx!
Message 5 of 7
AndrewSears
in reply to: awouters

OK.  Your scenario should be working.  Are you available for an online meeting so I can see what is going on?  If so, email me at andrew.sears@autodesk.com and I will set up the meeting.  Do you think this is a network license manager problem?

Looks like we need to improve the wording on the readme.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Summary of Known Issues

1. The ability to run a stand-alone licensed add-in with a network licensed product (or vice-versa) is not available in the 2015 release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item 1 in the readme is really stating that In-CAD standalone license is not possible with both Inventor license types.

Andy 

Message 6 of 7
alexwouters
in reply to: AndrewSears

I think it's important to notice the "vice versa" part:

1. The ability to run a stand-alone licensed add-in with a network licensed product (or vice-versa) is not available in the 2015 release.

Meaning a Nastran network license will not work with a Inventor standalone license, which is what happened with me?

So just to be sure: if I have an Inventor stand-alone license, will the Nastran Network license work?

Message 7 of 7
AndrewSears
in reply to: alexwouters

Alex,

Your scenario should be working and we will be revising the readme.

Can you email me at andrew.sears@autodesk.com so we can set up a meeting and see what is going on?

Thanks,

Andy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report