Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exit analysis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Dan_Margulius
663 Views, 6 Replies

exit analysis

Hello,

After i run the analysis I want to finist it and continue working with features.

How do we exit? There is no Finish button.

Thanks

Dan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mahaboob515
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Hello Dan,

Currently In-CAD is not in Environments tab as Stress Analysis and we working on this to have ASAP.

With current In-CAD setup as add-in if you Run an analysis once the solution is done it pops up a message "Nastran Solution Complete" with OK button as shown in the attached image, once you click OK button then you can continue working with features.

Note: If you don't see "Nastran Solution complete" window probably it is minimized at Taskbar.( I have uploaded this as a bug, which will be fixed in our SP1).

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks!

Mahaboob

Mahaboob Basha.S
Principal QA Analyst
PDG-Digital Manufacturing Group
Message 3 of 7
AndrewSears

Hi Dan,

If you de-select (Contour) and (Deformed) then the model will become editable again.

uncheck contour and deformed.png

You will still have the loads, BC's and mesh visible but that will not stop you from editing the model.  If the loads, BC's and mesh visibility are in your way you can RMB on the nodes in the browser and turn the visibility off.

Let us know if you are getting any other strange behavior or Mahaboob's suggestion does not solve your issue.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 4 of 7
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: AndrewSears

Thank you both for answers.
The issue in hand is that once finished the analysis I want to click one button
and exit all Nastran module and get back to my feature tree and shaded view.
No Mesh or BC...and stuff. People will need it to work exactly as the Stress Analysis is working today. people dont like extra clicks..
Dan
Message 5 of 7
Dan_Margulius

f.PNG

Message 6 of 7
AndrewSears

Dan,

We agree with you.  As Mahaboob stated, we are working on a solution for this.

Thanks for voicing your opinion and keep them coming!  With your help we can make this product better!

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 7 of 7
DWhiteley

I agree with this discussion - I'm left with a load of glyphs all over my model when I go back to editing within Inventor - very messy.

Dave W

Envisage

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report