Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Time Lapse

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
343 Views, 8 Replies

New Time Lapse

Hello all, I have made a quick sculpt session to get ready for the new set of free videos I will be doing.

Basically in the free vids I will just be showing the tools and work flow of mud box and modo / maya. Nothing to major but we will do a complete project and best thing is it will be free!

So this was just to get warmed up!

youtube.com/watch?v=SooZ8LewldM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Come on Shannon.

So, you've "been away from 3d in a whole for quite some time", by your own admission you're "by no means very good at mud box or 3d in general"... but you're "getting ready" for free tutorials, free vids, and best of all they're free.
It's been mentioned time and time again, on modo, lightwave and other CG forums... you have to get a better handle on your software and your artistic skills before jumping into tutoring others... regardless if it's free.

So this was just to get warmed up!

To prevent Mudbox poisoning, I'd say it should be cooked first. 😉

Dave
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

dmg3d, I am not going to fight with.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

It's been mentioned time and time again, on modo, lightwave and other CG forums... you have to get a better handle on your software and your artistic skills before jumping into tutoring others... regardless if it's free

I thought you were being a bit dickish at first until I read the cgtalk thread (forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=140&t=397040), and I have to agree.

Shannon/3dpirate/shandaman: Your work/materials are not good enough to be selling as a form of instruction to others. It is kind of you to make a free video, but even this falls short of providing truly useful instruction.

You obviously have a strong desire to have a successful business, and I wish you luck, however you are not making a product that I at any point in my learning process would have been tempted to buy.

Furthermore your blatant self-promotion through alter egos is very disturbing, and takes a away whatever credibility you might have had. Please, if you want to succeed, stop deluding yourself and others, make a good product and present it in a professional manner.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I have not promoted any product here, everything has been 100% free to this point.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

...the new set of free videos I will be doing... we will do a complete project... not promoted any product here

Your "announcements" of products always come before any actual work or understanding of the software.

There are over a dozen artists on this forum whose work clearly shows they have a great understanding of Mudbox in particular and anatomy/3d/creativity in general. If they were to say they were going to do a tutorial, their body of work precedes them... no "salesmanship" is needed.

As I've mentioned before, even if you're creating tutorials for nubes, you still have to have a strong grasp of the software... not to mention, with something like Mudbox, your artistic ability has to come first...

Dave
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have not said anything upto this point, and I still wont enjoy your rants good day!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I have not said anything upto this point, and I still wont enjoy your rants good day!

Are you for real? Seriously, I mean on some levels I find you amusing in the fact that I can laugh at your antics, but level with me (even in a private message if you must) do you truly have intentions of teaching people how to make your wonderful art, or are you putting all this effort into brewing up drama because it gives you a chuckle?
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I'm sorry you're reading this as ranting... it's written with more of a "disappointment" tone. I would have thought after the long modo threads you were involved in you would've heeded the advice to take time off and learn the tools... but instead you moved to another app with talks of more free videos. I'm sure your intentions are good...

In the meantime, pick up the Kurv video

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report