Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls HELP - Wacom Graphire Tablet not working :(

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2399 Views, 6 Replies

Pls HELP - Wacom Graphire Tablet not working :(

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this issue, but... here it goes:

My Wacom Graphire Tablet is not working under Mudbox 2015 Demo.

I have Windows 8.1. It didn't recognize my tablet natively, so I had to download and install drivers. My tablet does not have drivers for Win8, so I installed the WinXP drivers and so far, those drivers worked without any issue.

In Krita and Sketchbook Pro (Demo) my Wacom Graphire Tablet works flawlessly, including pressure sensitivity, but Mudbox doesn't seem to "recognise" it...

As I open Mudbox and get the first popup window, it let's me move the cursor with the stylus, but won't accept a click neither from the pen-tip, nor from the side button of the stylus.

As soon as I open a project, the stylus cursor gets lost and I can only continue with the mouse. At that point it is as if I just disconnected the tablet...

Any ideas? Even if the Graphire 1 tablet isn't supported anymore, I still find it strange that it works in Sketchbook...

I'd be really very very happy if I could get my tablet to work with Mudbox!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

same. I got my Wacom CTE-630 (fairly ancient) now to work with windows 8.1 perfectly in photoshop and also in windows navigation, and also 3dsmax.
Yet when i boot up Mudbox, only the top half of the Mudbox Window can be navigated as i used to with this board in Windows 7, and if i wanted to persist in this terrible state, i have to use the mouse to select options on the bottom half of the Mudbox Window. It seems mudbox and the custom 3d cursor of mudbox are fighting for some reason. I'm not sure why.

I attributed it to my dual monitor, and on turning that off and running Mudbox in a dual monitor, with the tablet aligned to the monitor in its settings, i still get the same bug, i cannot use more than half the screen with the actual Wacom Pen.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

someone with similar issues has claimed that running Mudbox in Compatibility mode Windows 7 fixed it. But this didn't work for me 😕

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I have a similar problem. I have Intuos Pen and touch S (manga), and it works fine in general. However in Mudbox it does not register when the pen touches the tablet, so I cannot sculpt! Everything else works, including the two buttons on the stylus. Using the left mouse button works, and I assume touching the tablet with the stylus should do the same, but it doesn't. I'm using Windows 7.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Problem solved, although I don´t know exactly how...

Wacom Graphire was not responding to pressure, but now works like a charm!

Trying to solve the issue I installed latest Wacom Drivers (or "control center" or wathever it´s called) and could not find the Wacom icon under Windows Control Panel, so I gave up.

Much later, a new version of Mudbox (2016) came out, so I downloaded it in the hope the issue got solved... Indeed pressure now worked, but I could not navigate properly! Read online that stylus button config needed to be done. Checked Windows Control, somehow the Wacom icon was visible now, configured buttons to left and middle click, et voila, worked like it should!

Checked again in Mudbox 2015 and it now works there too! So the oldest of the oldest Wacom tablets work under Windows 8 with Mudbox, so newer tablets - bugs aside - should work too! I thought older devices were not supported anymore, but that is not so! Overwelming joy!

Joy of a short duration though. I can sculpt, but I cannot paint. I´m running into a serious issue with painting, but that´s another issue alltogether and at least I can sculpt ;o)

Thank you all for your replies, and I wish you luck in getting it to work!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hiya all! I realize these are old posts but I spent 2 hours searching for a fix to get my Wacom tablet to work in Mudbox 2019...and it turns out, all I needed to do was turn off the "Space Stamping" feature on ALL the tools. Now it works perfectly!

Stamp spacing.jpg

I am replying to the posts I searched for a solution that didn't work for me so all the future Mudboxers might be able to get on to creating kickass models ASAP! Hope this helps a few people out there!

- Few other things I did was turn off "Windows Ink" (It's in the Wacom Settings, under "Mapping"), also tried to only use one monitor, but once I turned off "Stamp Spacing" using an extra monitor works fine. Anyways...hope this helps!

Message 7 of 7
Liamous

I’ve been setting up a new PC at home and one of the things I struggled with was getting my Wacom Graphire 4 tablet working. I have the same problem and I’m beginning to think it just won’t work with later versions of Windows 10 OS .
I was checking out XP-PEN : https://www.xp-pen.com graphics tablets, which are so much cheaper than Wacom’s that it’s probably worth taking a punt and buying one anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report