Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to CIMv2 Server?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1627 Views, 6 Replies

Can't connect to CIMv2 Server?

I get an error saying "Can't connect to CIMv2 server", which then is followed by a graphics not supported error. However, my graphics card should work. Every other program works so I don't know why Mudbox is giving me this. I've tried both 2012 and 2011 version.

My Graphics card is a Radeon HD 5870
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with Mudbox 2013. Before, it allowed me to continue but after upgrading it terminates the program. There may be a conflicting file somewhere or something of the sort but I have no clue what it is. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn't do anything.

I'm not sure if there are leftovers from Mudbox 2011 still on my system as there's a possibility there is. I had to delete the folder manually since it refused to uninstall on it's own.

Any ideas? I really would love to use it again.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Can someone please answer us? It's been two months and I'm really set back by it
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

That's... not exactly related despite trying the solutions provided.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

It sounds to me like it could be a graphics card issue. Have you checked to see if your card is supported?

You can check at the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14960418&linkID=11937426
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I've never seen this happen with Mudbox specifically before, but googling shows that CIMV2 errors are related to the WMI service. Maybe try stopping and restarting the service and see what happens? Also check your event viewer, there might be more details logged there. This sounds more like a Windows rather than just mudbox-specific problem so there might be an entry logged there too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report