MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Preferences - Height Settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
270 Views, 2 Replies

Story Preferences - Height Settings

When setting the height preferences for the Story mode after the fact - let's say Audio Track is set to 1 but I want it at 3 but forgot to do it. So, I set it to 3, re-open the file and voila ... all Audio Tracks in the Story Mode are still at 1.

This essentially means that the setting in preferences is only for items created after setting these values rather than all items will resize after re-opening.

Is that designed that way or is that a simple oversight that could be fixed in a future version?

Oh, and another thing: when an item is larger than 1 - let's say 3, so you can see all elements (like Volume for example) - a right click that opens the contextual menu and a click on the edge of the Track will make it revert back to size 1. There seems to be no way though to click it back to the original large size and only click and drag resizing seems to work. Is that really the way it is intended?

I have more gripes with the GUI but this is one example that comes to mind when working with Storymode.

Thanks

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BradClarkRiggingDojo
in reply to: Anonymous

That is anyoying, make sure you submit it officaly as a bug and a request. Be detailed on how to recreate it and it is more likely to get fixed.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BradClarkRiggingDojo

Yeah - I got that down together with a bunch of GUI requests that are already bugged for 2015. So, as soon as the Beta for the next version starts ... the floodgates will open. I doubt though, that these 'low-level' requests will get fixed for the current version - hopefully in the next one.

Then again, I am saying that since like '99, but I'd rather have a rock solid GUI for multiple monitors than a ruler ... that's for sure.

We will see how it goes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report