MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate camera on it's own axis only no translation.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dre4mer12345
1024 Views, 3 Replies

Rotate camera on it's own axis only no translation.

I have MB set to Maya interaction mode. But i'd like to rotate the camera on it's own axis from within the camera's own view. Is this possible? So instead of rotating around an object, just rotating the camera itself.

When I try to rotate the camera while inside it (using alt middle mouse button) it translates the camera as well as rotating it. 

-Ethan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tony.su
in reply to: dre4mer12345

In MB, you can use roll tool on the top of viewer.

In maya, you can use camer tool-roll tool.

roll camera.jpg

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
Mocappy
in reply to: dre4mer12345

Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately I think th ability to orbit/rotate the camera around it's axis is one of the keyboard shortcut that's is lost when you use Maya interact mode - assuming you're talking about using Ctrl+Shift Right-Drag in MotionBuilder interact mode.

Might be wrong though....

Message 4 of 4
dre4mer12345
in reply to: tony.su

Ah ha! So your suggestions led me to it. When you are in the camera view if you RIGHT mouse click the "orbit" button" this is not the "roll" button you highlighted actually but the one with two little arcs. So right click and hold this button down then I can pan the camera and it stays in place. 

THANK YOU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report