MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motionbuilder PhysX Cloth Constraint

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ryanfarmer
1820 Views, 5 Replies

Motionbuilder PhysX Cloth Constraint

Hello all!

I am curently researching ways to achieve real time mocap and cloth simulation in motionbuilder on characters. So far I have gotten live mocap data streaming to characters in motionbuilder, and I have developed a vague understanding of how to use the PhysX physics engine in mobu.

The problem that now face is getting PhysX cloth constrained to my character. Does anyone know how to constrain verts on a PhysX cloth? Or possibly constrain the cloth in another way?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
s
Advocate
in reply to: ryanfarmer

Hi,

you can constraint cloth by using a collision body. You can just simple add some geometry with passive physical rigid body node which should intersect your cloth in places where you want to constraint it.

---
Programming and Animation - neill3d.com
Message 3 of 6
ryanfarmer
in reply to: s

Great idea! That didn't even cross my mind 😛

Do you know of any other ways of constraining physX cloth meshes besides using other coliders?

Message 4 of 6
ryanfarmer
in reply to: s

Thanks for the reply by the way. It seems that I have to choose an approximation method for the ridged body for it to interact with and constrain the cloth, but your suggestion does the trick!
Just what I needed 😄
Message 5 of 6
KikoBarahona
in reply to: ryanfarmer

What primitive did you use for the rigid body and what approximation method gave you the best results to constrain the cloth?
Thanks
Message 6 of 6

I know this has been a while for this question but I am confused and stuck. I cannot get the cloth to be constrained to anything. Please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report