MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motionbuilder 2015 kinect v2 support

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kalla75
5065 Views, 6 Replies

motionbuilder 2015 kinect v2 support

Hi.

I wonder autodesk has plan to support kinect v2. 

And if then, when is it going to happen?

Cheers,

Alex

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ormsby
in reply to: kalla75

I'm wondering the same thing...

Can anyone speak to this? 

Autodesk Product Design Group
Integrated Additive Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

i have same question. i bought kinect v2 i cant use it!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Same problem, by the date of this thread it does not seem that Atodesk cares so much about supporting Kinect V2.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I'd also like to know when/if a MotionBuilder connector will ever be made for MS Kinect V2 for PC.  V2 has many improvements:

Also newer products and SDKs require V2 such as BodyLabs [ http://www.bodylabs.com/gaming.html ].

I hope to see AutoDesk offer a comment regarding when/if we can expect V2 support!

Thanks,

Sam

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I'm running the Brekel Pro Body 2 with Kinect v2 into Mobu 2015. It's a bit of a task to get to run, because of the power supply to USB 3. But it works well.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

batjin64 - "i have same question. i bought kinect v2 i cant use it!!!"

LOL, When I read your comment I Laughed and felt relieved because I'm not the only person whom bought a Kinect V2 only to find out that I cannot use it.

MotionBuilder - No
Face Shift - No
Iclone 6 - No

Brekel Pro Body v2 - Yes (but I have yet to make anything as it seems single Cameras are awful for Motion Cap)
I have since found a mocap system that could be excellent value for money and overcome all the restrictions of a camera mocap system but it's a kickstarter thing:

https://neuronmocap.com/content/product/32-neuron-alum-edition

*An advantage of this device is all you need is a wireless device (even a laptop) and you can perform anywhere. No optics needed at all.

* One thing that people seem to not investigate is that wireless energy of certain strengths can damage the ability of red blood cells to carry oxygen. Smart Meters are the prime example of this but all wireless routers do this to some level. Some countries have really looked into this and moved back to cable however most of the world is wireless.
Hopefully this device is ok 😉

I'm going to save money and get one of these. Cameras are too much hassle unless you are doing facial animation and even then, they are using old technology and using sales pitches to make up for not changing.

Yes, existing cameras perform better because they are using old methods to get data based how their software interprets an array of information. There are other ways to get the data but it's time and money that people don't want to spend - instead they want to wait for other people to solve the problems and then they'll join in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report