MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2015 MoCap - Plotting Issue

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jamesanderson02
426 Views, 1 Reply

MB2015 MoCap - Plotting Issue

Hello,

I have a pretty serious issue here with baking a MoCap animation Control Rig with constraints. The animation plays and renders just fine pre-bake, but post-bake causes the left hand to bake to the right hand's position (in a T-Pose at frame 0), completely screwing up the post-bake skeleton. As you can imagine, the left hand now rests about two arm lengths away from the body throughout the rest of the animation.

I've checked and double checked the constraint weight was zeroed out in the T-Pose, but it still bakes to the right hand position, even though it has never once been weighted to the right hand's constraint at any time.

Any ideas/ solutions would be greatly appreciated.

James

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I found a work-around. I tried everything from removing all keys on that arm, to removing the parent/child weighting. Basically, it appears the skeleton became corrupt. I imported a new Mesh w/skeleton, characterized it (defining the skeleton), created a new control rig for it, that allows me to place keys. I then retargeted the new control rig to match the old control rig, baked the animation to the new control rig, deleted the old stuff and voila. I have all of the completed animation from the old bad skeleton on the new one in perfect shape.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report