MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor face driven by optical data

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
194 Views, 6 Replies

Actor face driven by optical data

Hello!
I've worked with Motionbuilder for years but recently I've had to look at facial mocap and I'm having a spot of bother and wonder if anyone could help please. Basically, I've completed the marker set list, checked Regions under Display and Active under Rest Pose but when I play the take the face in the
Mocap Preview window tears up.
The areas recieving data, namely the nose, mouth, chin, cheeks and eyebrows pull away from the face leaving the bulk of the head behind. Does anyone know why this might be please?

I'm using Motionbuilder 7.5 Extension 1. The data is a sample I found on the web. It's a C3D file and the only thing about it is that it isn't facing into positive z but I rotated the optical root and thought I might be able to get away with that.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated!

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It's normal that the Mocap preview is a bit (or a lot) screwed up. The preview face you need to check is the one under the Channels tab (next to Mocap tab) This one should have animation similar to the Mocap one without the tearing and with some Channels animations. In turn the Actor face should drive the Character face (Actor face input)

Hope this helps
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

hi

add a refrence null from templates
in actor face mapping pane .. add reference null
in rigid body area add nose marker and some markers which doesnt have motion
and activate the face

hope this will help

bye
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I cant seem to get the mocap data onto my head model. I get the actor face mapped and animating as should but cant get it on my model, the head just sits there. Any good tutorials or any help would be appreciated thank you.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Yeah, I got a full set of tutorials that came with the software a few years ago. The Actor face and Character face part is still up to date. Do you have access to a FTP site? (its about 40megs )

Cheers,

Marc
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Wheres the ftp site?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Marc B where do i go to download it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report