Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Basic scripts (Synergy API) running slow on Windows 10

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
franco.costa
1229 Views, 3 Replies

Visual Basic scripts (Synergy API) running slow on Windows 10

I have come to realize that all Visual Basic scripts including those provided within a Moldflow Synergy installation for automation of pre-and-post processing tasks and result exports are now running approximately 10 times slower since the Windows 10 Version 1803 update. This can have a big impact for some of the scripts I have written which process the entire model information. This slowdown is not caused by Moldflow or the scripts itself, but rather by the new version of vbscript.dll supplied by Microsoft in that windows update.

The only workaround I have found is to substitute the vbscript.dll in the windows/system32 folder with an older one from a different PC which had not yet been updated to version 1803.

A few more details are contained here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52117872/vbscript-slow-under-windows-feature-update-1803 

Franco Costa
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bernor_mf
in reply to: franco.costa

Hello Franco,

thank you for sheding light over this.

Any idea if it is possible get vbscript.dll previous of Windows 10 version 1803,

if update already done and no easy way to roll back?

Searched internet and did not find a way of direct replacement.

Thanks.

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Tags (3)
Message 3 of 4
franco.costa
in reply to: bernor_mf

Hello Berndt,

if you search in your windows folder for vbscript.dll you might find some old ones in the folders which windows creates for roll-back. Up only need to copy the file from that folder - you don't need to actually roll-back.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can post the file here, as I think there is probably some rule from Microsoft which does not allow unauthorized people to distribute windows files.

Maybe you can get a copy privately from a friend?

regards

Franco

Franco Costa
Message 4 of 4
bernor_mf
in reply to: franco.costa

Thank you for the hint, Franco.

A friend help me out. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report