Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewport jumps randomly, viewcube wont focus on object (2016)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kiiryu
367 Views, 2 Replies

viewport jumps randomly, viewcube wont focus on object (2016)

3dsMax 2016

The viewport will jump to a seemingly randomy location in various circumstances. Clicking the view cube will also fail to focus on the object
https://i.gyazo.com/62a132e2e643c4f90029ba99f3f4b1f6.gif

I've seen one other reference to this problem, but with no solutions.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
benderjr.thomas
in reply to: Kiiryu

I have had this problem as well for two different reasons.

The first being that from what I could tell I had just been running 3DS Max for too long. I was modeling for hours before the program started to glitch so I saved and restarted the program.

The second reason that this happened to me was because I wasn't paying attention to where my focal point was. It was off to the side and down; making the  program focus on that spot instead of the model.

I would check out both of these possibilities. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
navin.thamindu
in reply to: Kiiryu

I Think I know your problem.Smiley Indifferent

Have selected the object in the first place? If you select the object and rotate it with the viewcube, it will rotate only around the selected object.If you haven't selected a specific object and used the viewcube it will rotate the camera around the center point (x=0,y=0,z=0)(the crosscutting center point of the "line graph in the middle of the window")

If I got this problem and couldn't solve it, I would move the object to the center and continue modelling. I know it's unprofessional though.. Smiley EmbarassedSmiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report