Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Spline problem!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
streetboybeo
2081 Views, 5 Replies

View Spline problem!

Hi, i'm new to 3ds max, currently i use 3ds max 2015 sp2. My problem is when i create spline, and i snap it to grid, i cant see the segment which is seem to be overlaped by the grid line. This is the picture:

Screenshot_111914_035931_PM.jpg

View grid is turn off

Screenshot_111914_035943_PM.jpg

View grid is turn on, i cant see the segment.

Pls help me, thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: streetboybeo

It's a problem with the Nitrous Viewport Drivers. There are several ways around it - take your pick.
Move the entire Spline off the construction grid and closer to the viewport camera. e.g. if you created the Spline flat on the XY plane (top viewport) then move it up a little in Z.
Turn the Grid off (press G). This only affects the visual representation of the grid, it does not prevent you snapping to it.
Change the Viewport Driver to Direct3D - Customise > Preferences > Viewports tab > Choose Driver. Obviously you'll lose the other benefits of the Nitrous drivers if you do this, but your splines should work perfectly. NB Requires a restart of Max for it to take effect.

Report the problem here, the more people report a problem the more likely it is to be fixed.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
streetboybeo
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Hi, i have set up like what u said. But the issue still there. This problem didn't happen with me when i use 3ds max 2014 with default nutrious viewport drivers.

Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley

I have 5 driver options, 3 Nitrous, 1 D3D and 1 OGL. I tested all 5 before replying. Problem exists for first 2 Nitrous options, works fine for D3D and OGL (though I certainly wouldn't recommend using OGL). Nitrous Software fails miserably in so many ways it is not usable.

We're not discussing 2014, what did or didn't work with 2014 is irrelevent. The issue is with 2015 and the Nitrous drivers, which is what you (and I) are using. You have multiple options including reverting to 2014 if necessary. Personally I'd just switch to D3D, sort the Splines out, and probably most of the modelling, then go back to Nitrous once you start needing textures and lighting.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 5 of 6
streetboybeo
in reply to: Steve_Curley

thank u so much, it works. when i changed to D3D, i can see the spline but not clearly, but it's ok. 

Message 6 of 6
Steve_Curley

It's pretty much perfect here. Might be down to your graphics card, or the drivers for it.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report